In the recent past, black toxic mold has become a serious concern for almost everyone when it comes to removing it from either a shower stall in the home or the walls in a damp basement. Toxic mold is an issue in the daily lives of many homeowners creating a notion it is easily known and identifiable.
Toxic mold may not necessarily be infiltrating a home, but a great deal of commercial hype might just be scaring people into wasting hard-earned money on remedies not needed. Removal of toxic black mold is an important and specific activity best left to trained and qualified environmental protection businesses.
Yet, before summoning the experts to rid the home of this incessant health risk, a need does exist just how to recognize what is toxic mold.
How to Identify What Is Toxic Mold
It is called by a few names including black mold, toxic mold and black toxic mold, but these are all typically the same. The only difference lies in what species s particular black mold is that reveals just how dangerously toxic it can be. Any black mold will present certain health risks.
There are certain species that are very dangerous including Aspergillius. It is one of the most common appearing mold species that thrives in damp and humid environments. Other types to identify so homeowners know what is toxic mold include chaetomium, dematacious and stachybotrys.
However, unless a homeowner is a trained toxic mold professional, these strains, or species, remain unidentifiable. They cannot be identified by the human eye.
Spores Actually Present Harm
The spores emitted by several species are the substances that tell professionals what is toxic mild. Most individuals are highly allergenic. Breathing these in will cause the body’s immune system to break down where many individuals become quite sick. But, why will toxic mold make a person sick?
The mold species finds a place in the home where the environment is conducive to promoting its growth. It attaches to a surface area eating away at the substance until it gets full. It then releases its excrement in the form of spores emitted and this is what makes people sick. Leaving the mold in the environment would be similar to leaving dog excrement on the floor in a home.
The excrement – from both – releases toxins into the air that, in turn, cause the body’s immune system to break down and people get ill. The excrement produced by what is toxic mold is called mycotoxins.
Also Known as Mildew
Black toxic mold is also commonly known as mildew and is actually a member of the fungi family. It is usually recognized producing a fluffy type of growth when living on surfaces like cloth, carpets, rugs, wood, leather, insulation sheet rock and many of those human food “science” projects sitting lost under a child’s bed or was accidentally dropped and shoved under a coach.
Most molds are quite ubiquitous; these are the most prevalent fungus on the planet. They will grow up high indoors if the correct environmental conditions are present.
Furthermore, how well toxic mold grows and infects a space is dependent upon factors like moisture, nutrients present, light and temperature.
So, knowing what is toxic mold can help homeowners get the remedy needed to make a home a safe living environment.