What is black mold? Black mold has become a prominent problem in daily life, specifically keeping it under control in bathroom showers throughout the world. Its occurrence causes severe health effects since it has toxic properties that create issues affecting indoor air quality.
Unfortunately, there is no simple answer and many environmental companies that claim they have solutions offer claims using language no one can really understand. Therefore, all homeowners should be prepared to take the time to understand what is black mold, and what is necessary for its successful removal.
A Mold by Any Name
Black mold is also referred to as “toxic mold” or even “black toxic mold.” They are all the same. The only difference in the occurrence of black mold has to deal with what species it is. This is important since the species determines what type of treatment will be necessary to create successful removal. Any type of black mold will present some degree of a health hazard. One particularly nasty strain is a black mold called Aspergillus.
This is a common type of mold that can thrive almost anywhere there is moisture. It can be prominently found in many basements that have not been properly waterproofed. It is a surface mold that typically grows on basement walls in damp, humid areas. Other types of black mold are chaetomium, denatacious and stachybotrys.
These species area all similar – and toxic as well. The problem is they cannot be easily identified by the human eye. It takes a professional expert to correctly identify the specific mold infestation and then devise a successful treatment for its removal.
What Is Black Mold Allergy?
An important factor concerning allergenic mold is that it emits spores that become airborne. Many people are highly allergic to these spores to the point where the body’s immune system breaks down and people start revealing symptoms of itchy watery eyes and running, sniffling noses. The mold eats upon the substance it infects such as a drywall and when becoming full, releases its toxic “excrement” into the air where it is breathed by humans.
Household pets can also be susceptible to black mold toxins. This excrement is referred to as a mycotoxin, It is this substance that actually causes illness in people who breathe it in. Allowing black mild to grow on damp surface areas enables it to grow to a point where the toxins are emitted. This is why it is so important to consult with an expert to remove black mold from the home.
What Is Black Mold Removal?
Many homeowners fall prey to highly-hyped product claims that commercially available treatments can save a lot of money and successfully remove any toxic black mold from a house. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. A home infected with black mold is similar to a sick person. Professional medical assistance should be a better guarantee for successful treatment when a human is sick. The same is true when a house is sick. Sure, many do-it-yourself techniques might be successful, but this is definitely a hit-or-miss situation.
Consulting with an environmental protection specialist is the best – and least expensive – method dealing with the appearance of and identification of what is black mold.